Monday, October 20, 2008

JPMorgan Chase

Sorry for not posting for so long. As you may have heard WaMu got purchased a few weeks back by JPMorgan Chase. Actually they did not get purchased, the FDIC seized WaMu after 19bln dollars in deposits walked out the door in TWO WEEKS and auctioned off our remaining 300bln in assets to the highest bidder, which was JPMorgan Chase with a winning bid of 1.9bln. I'm not an economist but that sounds like a rather sweet deal.

I feel for any of you that had WaMu stock, as I did. It instantly became worthless when this all went down. Technically not completely worthless, I got to sell it for around 9 cents. I think I'll take that money and buy everyone in my office a double cheeseburger from the McDonnell's value menu.

As for my job and what not, that is kind of up in the air. I can't share to many details at this point but I will know by Dec 1st how it will all shake out and of course then you shall know (all 3 of you!). For what it's worth the JPM folks have treated us more than fairly and based on info we have been given no matter what happens in the next few weeks, no one is getting to be treated badly regardless of what happens to a persons specific job.

Thanks to everyone for their support and well wishes the last few weeks. Take care.

* Site Note * - I had been holding off posting anything because A) We have been completely overwhelmed and busy the last 3 weeks, with this job news only one of a dozen things going on and B) I wanted to post something about this before I posted about anything else going on. Look for lots more posts soon! Or one mega one.


1 comments:

Disneygirl13 said...

We are feeling your pain and are praying that everything works out for all of us!!!